During the summer, I take time to relax, binge watch a show on Netflix, and get inspired with new ideas for the upcoming school year. One important task I take on in the summer is finding my ideal planner for the next school year. I don't write much down during the summer so I tend to use my iPhone for planning the few appointments I have each week. So when I started looking at planners for the 2017-18 school year, I searched Pinterest and Amazon, watched You Tube videos, viewed online store products like Office Max and Wal Mart, and used Google search to figure out what would be the best choice for me.
In this post, I want to share my new Create 365 Happy Planner with you, show you some of it's features and provide you with a few resources and ideas specifically for educators and speech-language pathologists. Also included in this post is a link to a new product I created just for my readers. You definitely want to read to the end of this post for my new free download.
I'm not a very crafty person, and unfortunately I'm not very artistic either. Still, I was looking for a planner that would fit me. I wanted one that I could decorate with inspiring quotes and colors, and one I could customize to fit my busy life. That's when I found the Happy Planner.
The Happy Planner is a disc bound organizer that provides unlimited options for customizing. One of the best perks was the price.
Here are the 5 Reasons Why I Chose the Happy Planner
1. The Price- I purchased my Happy Planner at Michael's when all of the planners and accessories were 40% off. In addition to the sale, I was able to use my 15% educator's discount by showing my badge. Here is what I purchased to set up my planner: An 18-month BIG Planner, 2 packets of stickers, planner bands, two-sided black and white notebook/graph paper, colored paper with headings (notes, brain dump, projects), turquoise expander rings (to make my planner bigger), and the teacher add on logs for attendance. Since I have not used a disc bound organizer before, I had to purchase the hole punch (which was also 40% off). I was absolutely thrilled with my final price. The total with my applied discounts was only $62.00.
2. The Teacher Friendly Layout- Happy Planner makes a teacher planner. However, I want to use my planner for personal, work and business planning. The Happy Planner that I chose has tabs for each of the 18 months, as well as sturdy dividers. Since I am planning for the 2017-18 school year, I took June 2017 and May 2018 - August 2018 out and put it away to use later. It has a monthly spread as well as weekly vertical pages following. Each month's spread has a section for important dates, holidays, birthdays, etc. Below is a weekly spread. You can see it has three vertical sections on each day. The weeks run Monday - Sunday, which I absolutely love because I plan my Mondays as the first day of week.
3. Weekly "Notes" and Monthly "Goal" Sections- Each week has a section for notes and each month has a section for goal writing. This can be used for work or home. Turn the "notes" section into a "to do" list; write out your shopping list; track your water intake or exercise; or write down brief notes to be transferred later onto a student data sheet.
4. Expandable Rings- The rings that came with the planner were smaller in size than what I anticipated needing; so I purchased the expandable rings and changed them out to the turquoise colored-rings you see shown above. Now my planner is ready to grow with me over the next school year.
5. Completely Customized- Because I want to use this planner for my work, personal appointments, and my business, it provides me the flexibility for adding or removing pages. I divided the lined and graph pages between each month so that I have plenty of extra room for brainstorming and planning or taking down important information. If you need to remove or add another page, it's just a matter of popping the pages into the discs and you are set. As the school year begins, I am already thinking about ways to utilize the blank pages I purchased or even creating a few new logs that I can easily add.
I am truly amazed at all the features this planner already has, as well as the additional room to add-on using the disc system.
As you plan and organize your busy life, think about this quote from Benjamin Franklin:
"For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned."
I am providing additional images with affiliate links for the Create 365 Happy Planner and the accessories. (Disclaimer: A purchase made from the link provided may result in a small financial profit for My Speech Tools). *The images provided are NOT the only size planners, patterns or colors available for the Happy Planner.
If you liked this post about organization and planning, you may also like these previous posts.
As promised, I have created these beautiful planner pages for you. Click on the image below to download now. Each spread is available in color and black and white.
What type of 2017-18 planner are you looking for? Do you have a favorite brand of planner you purchase each year? Send me a quick email response and let me know.
Don't forget to sign up for the automatic email list and receive my FREE TIER 2 activity.